Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Not applicable

Text Box object Display Values

Hi,

I have a listbox which contains a set of values. Now there is a field related to what I select in listbox.

I want to display content of that field in text box even when the field is not selected.

Eg. Suppose I have a filed 'A' and corresponding to that there is a record in field 'B'. Now when I select data in field 'A' i see all the data related to it.However I want to display the data of field B in a text box in other sheet when I select data in field 'A'.

Thanks In Advance

Regards,

Manu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gabriel
Valued Contributor II

Re: Text Box object Display Values

Hi,

In 1 text box use this expression

=CONCAT(Field_A,CHR(10))

In another text box use this

=CONCAT(IF(GetSelectedCount(Field_B), Field_A),CHR(10))

Hope that helps

15 Replies

Like this?

nishant_jadhav
New Contributor III

use below

If you do Concat(FieldName,','), you should get all the possible values in a field comma separated.

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

if I understand you correctly, you want to make field_B work in two different ways - one is linked to selections in field_A and one would be independent of field_A?

You would need to work with "alternate states" to achieve that, Unfortunately I haven't got any experience with that as I never had any need for that function yet.

Not applicable

Hi Nishant,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Actually this gives me all field values even when I have selected nothing. I want data in text box only when i select something in other field.

Regards,

Manu

Not applicable

Hi Datanibbler,

Exactly what you understood. I want to display data from field B based on the selections in Field A.

But unfortunately I am not getting it.

Regards,

Manu

Not applicable

Hi Manish,

thanks for prompt reply.

Actually I cant access the qvw file as the installation is on server and there is no way to transfer files from my system to that server.

Regards,

Manu

nishant_jadhav
New Contributor III

can u try like something. I am not at my qlikview machine so cnt try n tell u exact code

Concat(getselected(FieldName),',')

Not applicable

I tried but I think function getselected is not there. there is one function GETCURRENTFIELD.Can I use this in someway to get the desired result?

Gabriel
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

In 1 text box use this expression

=CONCAT(Field_A,CHR(10))

In another text box use this

=CONCAT(IF(GetSelectedCount(Field_B), Field_A),CHR(10))

Hope that helps

Community Browser