Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjhussain
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Text as a Column name in nested Applymap

Hello,

I am trying to build a key value using applymap.

What we want to do is to pass the result of one applymap which would be a column name into another applymap.  

I have tried it but it seems like it is not understanding that the result of the applymap is a column name and not text

ApplyMap('MAP_THRESHOLD1_SYNDROME',ShortName,Null()) returns "REGIONS" which is a column name and i want to use the value in the REGIONS column to be passed into the MAP_THRESHOLD1_CODE applymap. 

ShortName & '-' & applymap('MAP_THRESHOLD1_CODE',ApplyMap('MAP_THRESHOLD1_SYNDROME',ShortName,Null()),'n/a') & '-' &
ApplyMap('MAP_Threshold3_CASES',ShortName,Null()) AS KEY_CASES,

How would i do that?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is a duplicate post, see https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/Text-as-a-column-in-nested-applymap/m-p/16011... for full thread with solution there.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Nadi_Clarke
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi

Show me please you mapping-table

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is a duplicate post, see https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/Text-as-a-column-in-nested-applymap/m-p/16011... for full thread with solution there.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.