Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

To compare a date field less than or grater than12 months

Hi,

I am trying to calculate a field to identify the status of the activity.

If the activity date is less than 12 months, then it is Active and if the activity date id greater than 12 months, then it is Inactive.

For example -

if(match([Type], 'Usable')=0 and [Activity Date]<365, 'Active', 'Inactive') as Active_Status

Any clue, how to approach this ?

Thanks for any help!

14 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try this: if(match([Type], 'Usable')=0 and Today()-[Activity Date]<365, 'Active', 'Inactive') as Active_Status

Make sure [Activity Date] is a date. If necessary use the Date#() function to turn a text string into a date value.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I have already tried the expression if(match([Type], 'Usable')=0 and Today()-[Activity Date]<365, 'Active', 'Inactive') as Active_Status. But unfortunately, I did not get the correct result.

Thanks!

Kushal_Chawda

try this

if(match([Type], 'Usable')=0 and [Activity Date]>today()-365, 'Active', 'Inactive') as Active_Status

sunny_talwar

I guess can you share what are the expected results and what did you get? It is difficult to give any solution without knowing what is the current discrepancy.

Not applicable
Author

HI Kushal,

This does not work in QV.

Thank you for your help!

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

It would be good if you provide the sample data in excel or qvw.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please find the data sample.

Kushal_Chawda

LET vDate = date(today()-365,'DD-MM-YYYY');

LOAD [Activity Date],

[Type]

if(match([Type], 'Usable') and [Activity Date]> date#('$(vDate)','DD-MM-YYYY'), 'Active', 'Inactive') as Active_Status

FROM table

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Like this?

LOAD *,if([Type]='Usable' and Today()-[Activity_Date]<365, 'Active', 'Inactive') as Active_Status,

Today()-[Activity_Date] as Diff;

LOAD Activity_Date,

Type

FROM

[Data Sample.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);