Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Too many lines in chart

Hi all!

i have a 10 000 000 lines in csv:

Header 1Header 2Header 3Header 4Header 5
DateDomainConnectionsBytes inBytes out

I need to display  in table top 20  domain by Connections, top 20 Domain by Bytes in and Bytes out.

There is 128 GB RAM on my virtual machine.

If i use Dimension limits - the largest 20 i have the one problem- QV is failed becouse of it try to select top 20 in 10 000 000 domains.

I tryied  to use set analisys  in my Expression, but he anyway try to select top in 10 000 000.

Could you tell me what shoul i do for resolving this problem?

3 Replies
mov
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Too many lines in chart

Kseniya,

It is better to calculate the top domains in the script, it will help with the front end performance.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable

i thought about it, but i have some filters like service: streaming media, peer-to-peer, http, File Sharing, Remote Access, IP Protocols, Web Browsing i t.e (~ 200 filters) and if i calculate the top domains in the script,i couldn't to filter it.

mov
Esteemed Contributor III

OK, what about this:

Create three rank fields in the data - RankConnections, RankBytesIn, and RankBytesOut - integer value for each domain.  Now, if you don't have selections, your top by RankConnections will be 1 to 20.  If you make selections, it could be anything (e.g. 120,500,666,... 5215045) - but still sortable without dynamic rank calculations.

Hope it works...

Community Browser