Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
biob_stein
Contributor

Trigger multiple values select seperated by comma

Dear Community,

i know that there can be selected multiple fields with a trigger Example of Selecting Multiple Field Values

But all these values are seperated with a pipe, so in the current selections the values appear not in the same way (seperated by a comma) as an user will select them.

Now i have the use case that i am fetching the current selections and here come the problems as the selections have no common seperator, if they come from a trigger they have a pipe and if they come from an user selection they have a comma as seperator.

Is there any possibility that both selection types will get a common seperator?

2 Replies

Re: Trigger multiple values select seperated by comma

By getfieldselections/getcurrentselections as well as concat you could specify which char will be used as delimiter. Another way could be to use replace() for it.

- Marcus

biob_stein
Contributor

Re: Trigger multiple values select seperated by comma

Hi Marcus,

yes but when it's sometimes delimited by a comma and sometimes delimited by a pipe it makes the situation complicated.

Btw. setting a delimiter for getfieldselections() where the selections are done by a trigger seems not to work, as the pipes are still the delimiter.

getfieldselection.png

Community Browser