Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Triggering reload of document

Hi,

I have created a Batch file that put a file into a specific location.

What I want my Qlik document to do is notice if there is a file in that specific location and then reload the document.  However It has to be a triggered event as the reload needs to be on Qlikview Management Console.  I do not want to use EDX or anything like that as its to long winded and I do not have the experience of doing it.

All I want to do is for users to run a batch script and then their report reloads from QEMC.

Regards,

Jon Ditchfield

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you don't want to use EDX you will have to code an application to do the same thing EDX can do for you. You will need something to interact with the api of the distribution service. Or you need to give your users access to a Qlikview installation and to the qlikview documents on the server. Then you could add the commands to reload the documents to the batch script.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you give a specific user access to re-load a specific document in QEMC without giving them access to view or change any of the attributes?

I dont mind users being able to reload the document, I just dont want them to be able to change any of the attributes.

Regards,

Jon

Gysbert_Wassenaar

As far as I know that's not possible.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I think Ive got part of this now, Ive used some variables and created a Batch Script that creates a time stamp and then run the file into a qvw.  However the bit Im struggling with is:  Are you able run command in a load script to re-load another qvw file, if so what would that script be.

Regards,

Jon

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the execute command for that.

execute cmd.exe /c "c:\program files\qlikview\qv.exe" /r "d:\qvapps\myapp.qvw"

Not applicable
Author

Will this command only reload my document, or will it reload a document that sits on the Management Console?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

In the example the .qvw file exists in d:\qvapps\. You could also use a unc path to a document. If your qlikview documents reside on a server and you have exposed a share on that server the you can use that to reload the documents if you have write access to the qlikview documents on that share;

execute cmd.exe /c "c:\program files\qlikview\qv.exe" /r "\\QVServerX\qvshare\myapp.qvw"