Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Trying to get the name of the highest company name in the hierarchy when a certain condition is fulfilled

Hi,

I'm trying to fill the company names in the lower hierarchies from where the first criteria LineNum = 1.

So if LineNum = 1 on Company D then the NewCompanyName should be D,

If LineNum = 0 on Company H then the NewCompanyName should be a company for each existing company on every level meaning rows for  A,B,D,H

Basically I want to check if LineNume = 1 then grab the the CompanyName for that row and use it, otherwise use the CompanyName as is.

Sorry about the bad explanation

The example is just a test I started with.

Tags (2)
3 Replies
Not applicable

Trying to get the name of the highest company name in the hierarchy when a certain condition is fulfilled

Any ideas?

Thx.

Luminary
Luminary

What you require sounds possible but I'm a little unsure as to exactly what you're after - could you post an .xls of how you'd like the final table to look?

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Not applicable

Hi Matt,

I've uploaded an example of the final table. Still haven't solved it so if you have any ideas I'd appreciate it

Community Browser