Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Update statistics on a volatile table

In order to improve performance, I am trying to update statistics on a volatile table that I created and inserted data into.  This is the statement:

SQL

update statistics for table VT_HIER_WITH_REVENUE_FLASH_BUDGET on every column, (FISC_YR_QTR_DSPLY_CD, PRFT_CTR_GRP_DN, PRFT_CTR_LVL_0_DN, PRFT_CTR_LVL_1_DN, PRFT_CTR_LVL_2_DN) sample;

Without the SQL, the command fails with syntax error, so I am using this to indicate this is a SQL command.  With the SQL in there, the script run stops and fails.  Has anyone successfully updated stats on a volatile table in Qlikview?

2 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi,

Try like this:

Its in macro:

sub Update

set vDisplayCd = ActiveDocument.Variables("vDisplayCd")

NewDisplayCd = vDisplayCd.GetContent.String 

Set Result= ActiveDocument.DynamicUpdateCommand("UPDATE * SET FISC_YR_QTR_DSPLY_CD="&NewDisplayCd&" WHERE FieldName='Condition'")

if Result = false then

msgbox Result.ErrorMessage

end if

End sub

-------------------------

But why you used update in qlikview? you can use in database, then you will use that table here?? That gives more performance rather than this, i think so...

For more details:

http://community.qlik.com/message/1537#1537

Hope it helps;

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

I am trying to update the stats on the table to improve query performance.  I am not doing this on the database as this is a volatile table that is created in the Qlikview script itself.

I am not sure what your macro is achieving, but it looks like it is would update fields within the table.  I want to ensure my queries compile with up-to-date statistics on the volatile table.