Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Aggr in Expression over the Dimension

Hi All,

I am having some difficulty in getting my aggr() function to work in one of my charts and am hoping this brilliant crew can assist.

In short, I am measuring the quantity of incidents by divisions.  I am using a scatter chart with two dimensions being =ValueList('A','B') and =Division.  I then have two expressions:

if(ValueList('A','B')='A', max(aggr(Count(Incidents),Division))/2, count(Incidents))

if(ValueList('A','B')='A', 0, sum(Cost))

The purpose of the aggr() function above is to find the Division with the most incidents, divide that number by 2 and then set the mid point of the chart at that location.  I am trying to create a starting 'mid-point' that should be the same for all Divisions showing on the chart.  This should also be a dynamic mid-point as filters are set (such at date range etc.).

The issue appears to be that the aggr() function is doing the aggregation by dimension one Division at a time.  Since my chart dimension and the aggr () dimension are the same, my mid point is only aggregating with the one dimension available to it at a time.  The result is that every division has a different starting point that is set at half that divisions incident count.

I have tried using  max(aggr(Count(TOTAL Incidents),Division))/2 , however, that simply gets me the Total of all Divisions divided by 2 not the Total count of the largest division divided by 2.

The $Million dollar question is:  How do I get the aggr() function to look at ALL divisions inside the expression so that it can select the max total of the highest division?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Maybe this:

if(ValueList('A','B')='A', max(total aggr(Count(Incidents),Division))/2, count(Incidents))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Maybe this:

if(ValueList('A','B')='A', max(total aggr(Count(Incidents),Division))/2, count(Incidents))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Of course!!  That was it.  I could have sworn I tried that combination but it appears not.  The calculation is working properly now!  Cheers Gysbert!