Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Using dimensions in script

Hi,

I have list of stock transactions (table is below) and I'm trying to get Aged Stock report that would show me how many items from different period I have in my stock.

When I create Pivot table to see item statuses I get table below. Now I should continue to get the table correct as item 101 result -30 for group <90 should belong to >90 instead. Is there option to get values presented in table to script already, so that I could use if statements when >90 is higher than zero, then sold units should be grouped to >90 instead.

I believe it is not so difficult and I'm only making it more difficult to myself.

Screen shot 2011-08-09 at 11.34.50 AM.png

Any easier ideas and solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
2 Replies
danielrozental
Honored Contributor II

Using dimensions in script

Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to do, can you post a sample application?

Not applicable

Re: Using dimensions in script

Hi, I attached the file where I tried it.

When items are sold then at first the oldest items are sold (>90). When items from last column are sold, then next period should be decresed.

So in my example for item 101 results should be:

ArtCode<30<60<90>90

>90; <90; <60 etc- these are calculated depending on transaction date and todays date to see the stock situation at current time point and how long have different items been in the stock already.

I hope it explains it a bit better.

Community Browser