Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Using sum between different dimensions

Hello everybody,

I've the following issue.

I want to show the two values the sum of sales-data and the sum of fielddays in a pivot-table.
The first one (sales data) is linked to a company, the second one (fielddays) is just linked to a salesrep.
Now, when I show this data in the pivot table, everything is summed up clearly by the salesrep on the top level.

Doing the drill-down to a lower hierachy, like the customer-level, only the sum over the sales data is visible; the sum over the fielddays is 0.

My goal is now to show the sum also in the column of the fielddays - even if it's only available for a salesrep.

Normally this should be a standard functionality in qlikview (well I think so), but I also think, that this might be as a result of my data model.
Here a fact-table is used, where different measures are loaded into one big 'file', just seperated by a type - in order to be handled by one date-field or one product-field etc.

So is there a way to solve my issue. I've tried it with the total-function, but didn't get the proper result.

Attached you'll find the used qvw.

Thank you in advance.

Otto

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Using sum between different dimensions

Try: sum(aggr(nodistinct sum( Fielddays),Salesrep))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
2 Replies
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Try: sum(aggr(nodistinct sum( Fielddays),Salesrep))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

Hi Gysbert,

thank you very much. that works great.

Otto