Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
Announcing the newest addition to the Qlik Community, Qlik Gallery! Learn More
Highlighted
cbushey1
Contributor III

Weird character added to script

Hi there,

I have this code that pulls in an excel file and removes some columns. It works great in a stand alone application, but the moment I add the code to an existing application and refresh via server, it fails. 

From what I can tell, when the code is run as part of the larger application an extra character is added that isn't actually present in the script which is what causes it to fail. 

Any idea why this character (note the A with the circle) is being added?

clipboard_image_0.png

Here is the actual code being used:

clipboard_image_1.png

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cbushey1
Contributor III

Re: Weird character added to script

Thanks Brett. 

It is actually Qlik that is interpreting that character. It doesn't exist in the code. 

Either way, I found a workaround. Instead of using the embedded labels (since I was changing them anyways) I just used Explicit labels and just renamed as I was planning. 

4 Replies
neelamsaroha157
Valued Contributor II

Re: Weird character added to script

Not sure what the issue is but just a guess, you have 2 spaces between 'not' & 'province'. You can try fixing & running it again to see if it makes any difference. 

cbushey1
Contributor III

Re: Weird character added to script

Thank you. I thought that too but removing the extra space didn't affect it. 

I did notice that the field "Not" is underlined in the excel file, but again I dont understand why sometimes the server adds that character and other times it doesnt. It is run using the same server, just in two different qvw.

Support
Support

Re: Weird character added to script

Chase, that seems to equate to an ASCII &Acirc, only thing of which I can think to do is put this into a text editor that will show formatting etc., like Word and turn on the symbols etc. to see if something shows up that way.  Maybe this is happening when you copy/paste, so the other thing would be to try typing it manually once to see if it still occurs that way...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
cbushey1
Contributor III

Re: Weird character added to script

Thanks Brett. 

It is actually Qlik that is interpreting that character. It doesn't exist in the code. 

Either way, I found a workaround. Instead of using the embedded labels (since I was changing them anyways) I just used Explicit labels and just renamed as I was planning.