Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What does applycodepage() do?

I have seen applycodepage() in Qlikview reference manual and have done some google on it to see. From what I've understood it is to change code standard from standard to another. But, its still gibberish to me. Can someone tell me in layman words, what exactly it does?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Let's say that your Qview Application contains data sales from Asia, America en Europe. So product description would have different ways to visualize on the screen. Based on the user being analyzing the document you can apply the codepage on that product decription at run time in an expression.

Ie:

Add a Calculated Dimension based on [PRODUCT DESCRIPTION] and in the Definition.

applycodepage(1201,[PRODUCT DESCRIPTION])   for users from Asia

or

applycodepage(65001,[PRODUCT DESCRIPTION]) for the rest of users

where 65001 is UTF-8 and 1201 UTF-16BE

note that the above are just examples , you can even have the codepage in a variable

applycodeepage($(myLocationCodePage),[PRODUCT DESCRIPTION])

or

applycodepage([MY FIELD CONTAINING CODEPAGE SELECTED AUTOMATICALLY], [PRODUCT DESCRIPTION])

hope this helps,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Let's say that your Qview Application contains data sales from Asia, America en Europe. So product description would have different ways to visualize on the screen. Based on the user being analyzing the document you can apply the codepage on that product decription at run time in an expression.

Ie:

Add a Calculated Dimension based on [PRODUCT DESCRIPTION] and in the Definition.

applycodepage(1201,[PRODUCT DESCRIPTION])   for users from Asia

or

applycodepage(65001,[PRODUCT DESCRIPTION]) for the rest of users

where 65001 is UTF-8 and 1201 UTF-16BE

note that the above are just examples , you can even have the codepage in a variable

applycodeepage($(myLocationCodePage),[PRODUCT DESCRIPTION])

or

applycodepage([MY FIELD CONTAINING CODEPAGE SELECTED AUTOMATICALLY], [PRODUCT DESCRIPTION])

hope this helps,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for explaining in detail