Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kpatelacmm
Contributor
Contributor

What if analysis based on specific order

I have 5 data sets. All have a Unique ID and a flag to specify whether it is a House(1), Car(2), Store (3)or a Mall(4). The fifth(5) data set has all the unique ID that could be in any of the first 4 data sets.

I need to be able to rank the 4 data sets. Lets say this is the Rank House(1), Car(2), Store (3), Mall(4).

In my dashboard i need to be able to use the 5th data set and have it look up the unique ID in the first ranked source, if there is a value then use that value if not go to the next rank which would be 2(Car) and so forth. However the kicker is i need to be able to change the Rank freely(without having to reload any scripts...the end user should be able to adjust the ranks and see the outcome immediately) and the dashboard or whatever form i use to present my data needs to reflect based on the current specified Rank.

House

1 - House

2 - House

3 - House

4 - House

Car

1 - Car

2 - Car

3 - Car

4 - Car

Store

1 - Store

2 - Store

3 - Store

4 - Store

Mall

1 - Mall

2 - Mall

3 - Mall

4 - Mall

5th Data Set

2 - House

If everything was ranked as is then the 5th data set would find ID number 2  in the House data set and place House as the value returned. If the rank was changed to the Mall being Ranked first then the 5th data set should find ID number 2 in the Mall first and put Mall as the value.

Thanks

Krishan

4 Replies
Not applicable

How these data sets are connected ? (What key). Please post some sample data in the qvw ?

kpatelacmm
Contributor
Contributor
Author

They are all connected through a unique ID. Each data set will have the same Unique ID's.

Not applicable

Please post some sample data

kpatelacmm
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Not sure if the attached helps.

Ideally Sheet5 will look into all the other tables to see if there is a match and it is ranked first then add a flag but if the rank is switch it shold recalculate based on the new rank and lookup.

Thanks,

Krishan