Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Workbench connection problems

We recently purchased Workbench and got it setup on our server.

I am now in Visual Studio 2010 trying to wire up a quick prototype but I'm running into issues getting anything to display. I've followed the example documentation to the letter. Here is what is happening:

1. I create a blank webpage and add the QVObject control to my page
  2. I set the QvAjaxZfcPath property to point to the correct path on our server
  3. I bring up the properties of the QVObject and the first dropdown correctly displays all the available QVDs on our server
  4. However the dropdown for 'ObjectId' does not populate with any available objects to select to bind the control to

What's going on here? Is it permissions related or what? Does something need to be 'turned on' or enabled on the QlikView server to see the available objects or what?

I am new to QV and so far all our requests to the QV team who was kind enough to sell us the Workbench license have gone unanswered so I'm hoping someone in these forums can help

thanks!

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'm also have the same issues.

Any thoughts?

Not applicable
Author

I was having the same issue until the QlikView Server license file was updated to support Workbench. This will add the word WORKBENCH to the LEF.

Not applicable
Author

You say that "I bring up the properties of the QVObject and the first dropdown correctly displays all the available QVDs on our server". You should not be selecting a QVD in the first dropdown - it should be a QVW.

Not applicable
Author

I am facing the same issue. Please can you share, how do you update the QlikView Server License Enabler File to support Workbench? Regards.