Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Wrong results in running a Qlikview script

I am running a Sentiment Analysis API in Qlikview. However I get only two sentiment score 0 and 0.25. One for the top header field and other for the first post. My text field has 4 rows in the table Timeine. Why am I not getting the missing ones ? Below is my script. Before this script, I have my data loaded from the table Timeline

LET noRows = NoOfRows('Timeline');

for i=0 to $(noRows)-1

let text = peek('text', $(i), 'Timeline');

Sentiment:

LOAD

'$(text)' as text,

status as sentiment_status,

score as sentiment_score

FROM

[http://localhost:5555/QVSource/TextAnalyser/?table=Sentiment&SentimentEngine=Alchemy&format=qvx&Mess...)]

(qvx);

next

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

pankajchopra wrote:

My other question is do you know how can I modify this script to generate another column saying that text is positive if the sentiment score is between lets say >0 and negative if its <0

modify the existing code section like:

Sentiment: 

LOAD

'$(text)' as text,

score as sentiment_score,

If (score<0, 'Negative' , 'Positive' ) as Score_flag

FROM ..

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Have you checked if the field text (table - Sentiment) is getting populated with all the four values as in table - 'Timeline' ? If the answer is yes, then I would request you to see if there is really other values in your source

FROM

[http://localhost:5555/QVSource/TextAnalyser/?table=Sentiment&SentimentEngine=Alchemy&format=qvx&Mess...)]

(qvx);

Because your data load would be done on variant

FROM

'......Message=$(text)]

(qvx);

Not applicable
Author

Hi tres

Thank you for your reply.

So I found that QV is giving me the right results actually. It just doesnt gives a value for every posts instead it will ige only one value in my case 0 for all texts which had a neutral sentiment and the other value for one text which had a positive sentiment. So in my case 3 of the rows of text had a 0 value because when I click on them they all point to 0 sentiment score. I guess this is because of the associative technology of QV.

My other question is do you know how can I modify this script to generate another column saying that text is positive if the sentiment score is between lets say >0 and negative if its <0

tresesco
MVP
MVP

pankajchopra wrote:

modify the existing code section like:

Sentiment: 

LOAD

'$(text)' as text,

score as sentiment_score,

If (score<0, 'Negative' , 'Positive' ) as Score_flag

FROM ..

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Tres