Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
otherguy
Contributor
Contributor

XML Parse - embedded XML - example attached

Hi,

I have tried to rebuild the environment i am using by creating the attached sample data. My Client has a MySQL db with embedded XML data, this is one particular part of their environment that i am trying to optimize using Qlik to parse the XML portion rather that a looped SQL Extract statement (it's so slow and almost impossible to incrementally load).

I feel like i'm close to getting this right but i also feel like maybe it is not possible this way due to the structure of this particular XML. I have attached the example and you can see that the data is duplicating after the Generic Load.

I have used the Subfield -> textbetween -> Generic Load -> left join

I know there is also load from_field functionality where you can use xml simple but i am not sure how to parse this particular XML structure using this way:

Capture.JPG

Any help or previous experience on this would be great!

Thank you!!

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I usually use the from_field method.  I start by taking the field contents and pasting it to a text file. Then use the Table Files wizard to generate the correct xmlsimple script.  Finally I replace the "from file.." with 

from_field (mytable,myfield)

-Rob

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I usually use the from_field method.  I start by taking the field contents and pasting it to a text file. Then use the Table Files wizard to generate the correct xmlsimple script.  Finally I replace the "from file.." with 

from_field (mytable,myfield)

-Rob