Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

praveenavelagap
Not applicable

access to document security

I have been given admin rights to the application in section access, still I can not access sheet properties and can't even see document security tab in application. Can anyone help me with this.

13 Replies
TKendrick20
Not applicable

Re: access to document security

For clarification, you cannot go to Settings => Document Properties => Security?

praveenavelagap
Not applicable

yes, I can even see security tab in document properties.

Actually,I am unable to see object properties, so i want to check with sheet properties, can't open that too and then document properties i can't see document security tab. I am sure that I have given admin rights to the application.

TKendrick20
Not applicable

What version of QlikView ar you using?

Are you able to go to Settings => Document Properties => Sheets to view the properties of the sheets and objects?

praveenavelagap
Not applicable

I can only see below tabs in document settings:

Capture.PNG

avinashelite
Not applicable

Hi Praveen,

I think they have restricted your access, kindly lo gin from the id from which you set the access restriction and check the privileges. If you still face any issue please post your app with username and password so that we can check.

Regards,

@vi

pradeepreddy
Not applicable

try to log in with Admin ID/password

Not applicable

Hi, Please make sure that you have admin access level on the Section Access table.

praveenavelagap
Not applicable

section access is given in datamodel.qvw , this is binary load in actual application.I myself added my credentials from other system, copied all files to my desktop; ran it to open actual application. I successfully able to open but i feel this situation. I wonder how it is possible to limit document setting tabs.

Giuseppe_Novello
Not applicable

Praveena,

Have you tried to remove the all section access? Do you still see any issues? if not, the problem is the Section Access Syntax.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik