Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

confidential data

all,

I have created a dashboard based on a datasource of which a part is confidential.  Is there a way to code this data in a script , so I'm still able to use it as normal data, but when I create a table (or something like that) I won't be able to interpret the confidential data?

6 Replies
mvanlutterveld
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

You can multiply numeric data with a random number between 0 and 1 like: rand() * your_numeric_field. Also in het document properties tab Scrambling you can select the fields you want to treat as confidential.

sunny_talwar

Essentially you want to mask the data? there is bunch of different ways to do masking of data. There is this good blog you can use for the purpose:

Scrambling Data

Scrambling Data

I hope this helps

Best,

Sunny

avinashelite

Hi,

Try to encrypt it your own way or generate hash key for the same

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

the data I would like to scramble or mask is only alphanumeric data like names. Masking is a nice way, but the number of 'names'  can vary widely, so I would be a lot of work to continuously update the mask-tables. I also tried the crypt-feature (document-properties), but when I reload the data I have to redo this feature. I can live with the outcome of this default feature, but is there a way to apply it continuously?

sunny_talwar

Is randomly assigning a number to each name would suffice?

What I have done lately is something like this:

Table:

LOAD Name,

'Name ' & AutoNumber(Name) as [Masked Name]

FROM xyz;

This allows you to assign a random number to each name within your database so for example

xyz will become Name1

def will become Name 2

and so on...

You don't have to manually prepare a masking table. This is dynamic in the sense that it will assign a new number to every distinct Name in your datasource. So if today you have 500 names you will have Name 1 to Name 500. And then in the future if the names increases to 5000, the script will itself create Name 1 to Name 5000.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

sohailansari201
Creator
Creator

Here is the one I am using. Pretty simple replace function. Just copy paste and replace the FIELDNAME with you fieldname.

replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace( replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace([FIELDNAME],'a','*'),'e','r'),'i','x'),'o','m'),'u','q'),'y','3'),'1','d'),'2','c'),'3','h'),'4','i'),'5','v'),'6','z'),'7','k'),'8','p'),'9','-'),'0','#') ,'A','$') ,'B','@') ,'C','=') ,'D','m') ,'E','G') ,'F','Q') ,'G','o') ,'H','x') ,'I','3') ,'J','6') ,'K','8') ,'L','9') ,'M','d') ,'N','m') ,'O','w') ,'P','z') ,'Q','o') ,'R','l') ,'S','h') ,'T','e') ,'U','%') ,'V','*') ,'W','*') ,'X','c') ,'Y','k') ,'Z','?') AS FIELDNAME