Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

connectivity qlikview to PS campus solution

Is there a way to connect Qlikview to PeopleSoft Campus solution as a sourse data provider?

Thanks for your help in advance.

11 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I dont have any idea about Peoplesoft, But if it has the ODBC or OLEDB connection, you can use them to connect to PeopleSoft.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Thanks for your reply i appreciate, It would be more helpful for me if you could send me a link or document containing steps connect to third party application through ODBC or OLEDB.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

All you have to is create a OBDC connection with your thirdparty application(database).

Steps are.

Start -> Control Panel ->  Administrative tools -> ODBC -> Here create a connection to your third party application.

Open qlikview -> File -> New

File -> Edit Script -> you will see the a dropdown, here select OBDC and the name of the connection you have created.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Let me see whether PS has ODBC Connection in it.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Ok

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

PS has a database underneath, ORACLE, SQL Server, Informix, DB2, etc. so for sure you can connect to it using OLEDB or ODBC.

There is also an ODBC connector to peoplesoft queries, same that is used by crystal reports in PS.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks Daniel let me check with the PS. Also kindly let me know if there is anyother ways to connect these two applications.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

There are other ways, like using files, soap messages and other things but I worked as a PeopleSoft technical consultant for several years and those two I mentioned before are the ones I would use.

Not applicable
Author

Hi daniel,

Thanx for your valuable information. I will try connecting it through the ODBC and check the performance of report.