Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hbandari3636
Contributor III
Contributor III

converting zeros formed by expressions into '-' and changing the background color to grey

Hi

I have a data coming from a database which are related to the particular regions where some regions do not have number at all and are represented as null but while using this as an expression on the view they are shown as zero as in an expression sum(null) or avg(null) are shown as zero. In the same way I have some zeros also coming in database which when summed are also shown as zero's in view. I am not able to differentiate between both zero's. I want to show the zero's caused by null as '-' and background greyed out and the zero's caused by actual zero's as it is.

thanks in advance

hemantha 

4 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

MarcoWedel

Hi,

one solution could be:

QlikCommunity_Thread_167643_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_167643_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_167643_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_167643_Pic4.JPG

table1:

LOAD 'Region '&RecNo() as Region,

'Indicator '&IterNo() as Indicator,

Pick(Ceil(Rand()*3),0,Ceil(Rand()*100)) as Value

AutoGenerate 5

While IterNo() <= 10;

hope this helps

regards

Marco

hbandari3636
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The indicator which you are showing is not the only dimension I am having in the view and though the dimension consists of lower level fact id's which are actually null. So the dimension is a group of different fact_id's which are null in the database. And also there are not only region expressions in the view, there are expressions like total,prior,Prior week change%,12 week avg etc. So the zeros are not only causing due to region cut but also due to so many expressions divided.I want to find out among all these those zeros which are caused by the fact_id nulls in the database and grey them out.

Thanks in Advance.

Hemantha

MarcoWedel

Please post a sample application and your expected result.

thanks

regards

Marco