cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

copy value from a table in a table with macro

Hi guys,

I would like to know if it is possible copy the values from a column of a table in another column of a table with a macro.

The only way that I know of is to use a button with a variable that changes value, but is not very efficient. Let's take an example, if the variable value is 1 then copies the data in the column, so when you press the button the variable to 0 becomes 1 and the data is copied. But I can not find the way to bring the value of the variable to 0 without using other buttons.

Does anyone know how to do? Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

In qlikview you can't have an empty chart-table which you filled with values from another chart per reference-functions or macro like in excel. The fields are associated with eachother through your used datamodel.

Yes you could in qlikview dug deep down into their box of tricks with calculated dimensions and/or inputfields and/or complex-conditions and/or macros but it would be extremely sophisticated and it's not really recommended.

I'm sure there are other ways to reach your target.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

In qlikview you can't have an empty chart-table which you filled with values from another chart per reference-functions or macro like in excel. The fields are associated with eachother through your used datamodel.

Yes you could in qlikview dug deep down into their box of tricks with calculated dimensions and/or inputfields and/or complex-conditions and/or macros but it would be extremely sophisticated and it's not really recommended.

I'm sure there are other ways to reach your target.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

that is bad news, anyway thanks