Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
berstrom
Contributor II
Contributor II

crossload multipile excel files

Hey!

I am trying to load multiple excel files and to generate cross tables for each of those files without them concatenating. My approach looks like this:

First I load the tables from the respective tables from all files from the file folder using the wild card '*'.

for each vSheet in 'sheet 1', 'sheet 2', 'sheet 3'

[$(vSheet)]:

NoConcatenate
load F1, F2, F3, F4
from [\file_*.xlsx] (ooxml, embedded labels, table is [$(vSheet)]

next;

Now I want to generate the crosstables in a way that they are not concatenated, whereas renaming the field names manually is not an option, since I've got over 100 files to load from.

Would be very happy about any help!

Best regards

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Wondering if Lisa's comment helped or not?  If it did, be sure to give her credit by clicking the Accept as Solution button on her post.

If not, check the following Design Blog post, it might help further:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Loops-in-the-Script/ba-p/1473543

If you got things figured out, you can post what you did and mark that as the solution such that others can learn from what you did.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

You could try using the vSheet variable as table name and do a Qualify *, keeping every table separated by the sheet.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Wondering if Lisa's comment helped or not?  If it did, be sure to give her credit by clicking the Accept as Solution button on her post.

If not, check the following Design Blog post, it might help further:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Loops-in-the-Script/ba-p/1473543

If you got things figured out, you can post what you did and mark that as the solution such that others can learn from what you did.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.