Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III

excel data transformation

Hi Guys,

Could you please help me to bring the attached excel data into Qlikview as it is.

I have multiple sheets which needs be loaded into Qlikview but for now i am looking how to load the attached file into QV.

Thank You

Regards,

Viresh

7 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Viresh,

Should be simple and plain. Open your Qlik Desktop and CTRL + E (Edit Script) and click on Table Files and bring in the Excel file (One image). Second Image shows Sheet1$ (depicts what sheet one wants to open up in Qlik).

Hope it helps!!!!

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG1$

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Kushal_Chawda

How should be your final data look like?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This file is going to be very awkward to load. It combines multi level headers with multiple sub tables on a sheet. It is possible to construct a load script for this spreadsheet, but it will take a while and will probably not be that reliable (minor layout changes will break the load).

It it not possible to get the data reported in a more conventional form? A report like this is usually generated from an underlying source, perhaps you can look at that if you cannot get a simple report.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III
Author

yeah that is what even i thought but can we achieve this using macros? I am not that much expert in macros

vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It is not a plain excel file. The data is not in the standrd format like rows and columns

vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III
Author

as is in the excel file