Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

help - connection between 2 list box

Hello

I would like to make a connection between 2 or more table and showing them by conditional expression.

I've data base that include 5 tables : (2 for the metadata, 3 for the real data) :

table_name - {table_id,table_name} - this table save the "metadata" on the table and it have 3 rows of data like ([1,students],[2,courses],[3,faculty])

column_name -{column_id,table_id,column_name} - this table save all the column in the 3 tables (20 rows...)

this two thable are connected in the data base.

now what I want to do is to show them - thats easy - I make a list view for them (I need only the names so i choosed - table_name & column_name) and I see them and when I choose in the list own of the rows I can see the connection. till here there isn't a real problem.

what I need is the connection to the real data, I'll explain :

if I choose in the listbox called 'table_name' the value "students" I want to see a table that contain the fields in 'students' table and all the data that they have. the same for the other fields...

but i don't want to do 3 conditional if, because I want to extend my database and I want to do it dynamicly.

now after i choose a table to show and its all data I want to Drill-down.

i want to choose 1 field in the listbox called 'row_name' the value "ID_student" or "student_name" or "student_address" etc... and I want to see a list box of the data that this fields have in the table.

again i don't want to write a lot of conditionals if, because I want to do it dynamicly.

I hope that it was understandable.

I tried a lot of ideas and qlikview is a little bit restricted.

10 Replies
vikasmahajan

Really Help Full.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.