cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diwaskarki
Creator II
Creator II

how to bring in max date

I have a field in my table called "Completed_Date" that displays data like this : Wed, Jun 29 13:38:37 CDT 2016.

There are other fields in the table like operator, office etc.

An operator can have multiple rows for the same office but with different "Completed_Date". How can I bring in the latest date for an operator if other field value is the same?

It can either be in the script or some settings in the straight table itself. Here is what my table looks like for a better understanding.

new pic.pngId really appreciate the help.

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

first change the data format.

do resident load as below

load distinct operator,office,max(date)

resd..

group by operator,office

Anil_Babu_Samineni

First play with date format and then Load as below

Main:

Load Date(Date#(Completed_Date,'DDD, MMM DD hh:mm:ss TTT YYYY'),'DD-MM-YYYY') as Completed_Date From Table;

Right Join (Main)

Load Max(Completed_Date) as Completed_Date

Resident Main;

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
diwaskarki
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Anil ,

That script didn't bring in anything although it ran without any errors. (Very strange).

Im thinking may be I can use the max function if  I could do a substring or something and extract this from my completed_date field: Apr 7 2017

Even better if its in this format 04/02017.

Thanks for your help.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Could be format issue? Will you provide Excel example file to test in my machine? Even better, Inline data with QVW

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
diwaskarki
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I created a small test spreadsheet for you :

test.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Image won't help rather please attach in excel

diwaskarki
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Anil,

I don't see an option to attach files.. sorry about that

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you start reply - there is option called "use advance editor" in the right corner of top in your body message - just click that - After that there is option called attach in the bottom of same body message. From there you can upload the file currently you worked for. And just use ctrl+s or add reply on the left hand side message..

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Diwas,

Data:

Load Person,

New_Office,

Completed_Date,

Date#(Subfield(SubField(Completed_Date,', ',-1),' CDT',1),'MMM DD hh:mm:ss') as FormattedDate

From

Source;

Right Join

Load Person,

New_Office,

Max(FormattedDate) as FormattedDate

Resident Data Group by Person, New_Office;

DROP Field FormattedDate;