Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to remove synthetic keys from XML file generated script

I need a primer on how best to parse XML files. By default Qlikview is generating so many synthetic keys the file won't load

4 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

The strategies for removing Synthetic Keys are the same no matter what source you use.

Please read this article: Synthetic Keys

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. And I understand the pros and cons of synthetic keys. I'm trying to address a major con which is the unintended generation of many thousands synthetic keys I don't want.

I'm using the script that the web file import generated. It created 22 tables based on the xml items themselves with a large number of synthetic keys between them. I don't even know how many because Qlikview eats up all my memory to the point where I have to shut down windows by turning off the power. ( I can't even run task manager. )

I'm thinking I'm going about this the wrong way, I need to generate the hierarchical relationships into relational as it's reading the items/values because there is no "key" in the XML to provide a normal join, it's just an item under an item within the XML.

I think that's what I need to do but am at a loss how to go about that in script.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You could

QUALIFY *;

at very start of your script, Qlikview will load all tables apart, so you can analyse the model unqualify fields that have to be keys

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! I will start with that