Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to send email via script/macro

Hi guys,

Is there anyone know how to achieve auto-sending email when reloading each time?

I know how to send email via macro now, but the problem is there is no 'link' between reloading and macro, so I tried to directly write macro function into script tab, but it seem didn't work at all.

So can anyone please help to advise the problem, or a better solution? Thanks a million in advance!

ps: attached is my demo, if you want to check the function, you need to replace the invalid email address 'test@test.com' with a real one, no need any other settings.

3 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

HI Jack,

Check out the use of 'Alerts' in the QV help file, this should do the trick for use without the needs for a macro. The is also an 'Alert Wizard' to simplify the creation process.

HTH Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your suggestion! The truth is I need the application to send email to different recipients(from 0 to maybe 20 users), according to kind of logical rule, so it seems 'alert' couldn't handle the scenario~

Thank you all the same for your quick response!

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Jack,

First of all question: How you are going to reload it in production Server/Publisher or Desktop?

You can use an external VBS script and pass the parameters to it to send a message and run it with EXECUTE function.

I've done it one time, but unfortunately can't find an example

Regards,

Sergey

Regards,
Sergey