Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
felisema
New Contributor III

how to write to database?

Hello everyone,

I ask you something not easy, I'd like to know if it is possible to write in the database via QlikView.

I know that QlikView does not natively support this feature. So I've done several researches but I have not found anything that would be useful to me.

Has anyone ever had to deal with something like that?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

7 Replies

Re: how to write to database?

You can use macro's to instantiate a writable connection with a database and write data to a database. Simply search the internet for vbscript code that writes to a database.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

felisema
New Contributor III

unfortunately no, this explains how to export.

What should I do is write on my db where I get my data, so every time I launch the script the data that the user entered is not lost

Hi,

Check if this helps

SQL Writeback from QlikView extension object.

Regards

ASHFAQ

felisema
New Contributor III

this might be useful.

I also found this "Writeback Extension Installer" on QV market, has anyone tried it?

felisema
New Contributor III

Yes I know, but I'm not an expert and some examples I found are not easy to understand.

felisema
New Contributor III

well guys,

I followed this guide Write back to database via XML output or web service, and I solved the problem by saving the data to XML. Now saving is working properly but I have two small problems:

1) saving only works on the elements currently viewing. Let me explain, mine is a dynamic scenario that changes in response to customer choice. the customer is chosen through a list box, and the table for entries is updated in relation to the customer chose. Each client is associated with a family of products and the table changes its number of lines in relation to the family. So there will never be a constant number of rows.

I'd like to save everything and not just data related to the customer chose.

2) how can I load the saved data in the table?

Community Browser