Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sherazade
Contributor III
Contributor III

is it possible to create a script looking IF the LOCAL file ( i.e. x:\dir\xxx.qwv) is available to execute the binary load or - otherwise - execute the FTP load?

Hi I wrote TWO documents :

- one loads data from a local file ( binary x:\dir\xxx.qwv) when the user is connected to the intranet

- one loads the same data from a binary ftp://user:pwd@ftp.site.com/xxx.qwv when the user id connected via internet

is it possible to create a script looking IF the LOCAL file ( i.e. x:\dir\xxx.qwv) is available to execute the binary load or - otherwise - execute the FTP load?

4 Replies
Not applicable

hi,

do you got any solution on this ?

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable

Hi rav,

Try this:

if filetime('x:\dir\xxx.qvw') then

//local load

else

//ftp load

endif

Regards,

Xue Bin

sherazade
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

uhmmmmm since binary load must be first statement of the script this solution doesn't work?

Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 04:46:42 -0400

To: alsailor@hotmail.com

Subject: - Re: is it possible to create a script looking IF the LOCAL file ( i.e. x:\dir\xxx.qwv) is available to execute the binary load or - otherwise - execute the FTP load?

QlikCommunity

Re: is it possible to create a script looking IF the LOCAL file ( i.e. x:\dir\xxx.qwv) is available to execute the binary load or - otherwise - execute the FTP load? created by jackyxuebin in Development (QlikView Desktop) - View the full discussion

Hi rav,

Try this:

if filetime('x:\dir\xxx.qvw') then

//local load

else

//ftp load

endif

Regards,

Xue Bin

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on QlikCommunity

Start a new discussion in Development (QlikView Desktop) by email or at QlikCommunity

© 1993-2011 QlikTech International AB Copyright & Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Use | Software EULA

sherazade
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

not yet.... I did change from binary load to loading a qvd sigh

Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 04:36:14 -0400

To: alsailor@hotmail.com

Subject: - Re: is it possible to create a script looking IF the LOCAL file ( i.e. x:\dir\xxx.qwv) is available to execute the binary load or - otherwise - execute the FTP load?

QlikCommunity

Re: is it possible to create a script looking IF the LOCAL file ( i.e. x:\dir\xxx.qwv) is available to execute the binary load or - otherwise - execute the FTP load? created by rav 1234 in Development (QlikView Desktop) - View the full discussion

hi,

do you got any solution on this ?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on QlikCommunity

Start a new discussion in Development (QlikView Desktop) by email or at QlikCommunity

© 1993-2011 QlikTech International AB Copyright & Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Use | Software EULA