Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

qvraj123
Contributor II

last 6 months - but consider EOM only

Hi All,

Thanks for your time,

I have the data from April through October but I need to restrict the line chart only for the last six months (do not consider October as it is not yet completed) consider as of last i.e sep EOM only - I have some data for October but not full so need to ignore October

my dimensions are

Cost_Year_Month

Department

expressions is

({<Cost_Year_Month ={">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Cost_Year_Month), -5), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Cost_Year_Month), 1),  'MMM-YY'))"} >} Total_Cost

but this is giving me October also - I need to do a max - 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** Another Question: for another straight table: I have to use a straight table but only show last 6 months

If I have Cost_Year_Month as a dimension along with some other dimensions and say expressions is sum(cost)

is there any easy way of displaying only the last 6 months with these calcs

Thanks for your time

Raj T

4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: last 6 months - but consider EOM only

Try the following:

({<Cost_Year_Month ={">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Cost_Year_Month)-1, -5), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Cost_Year_Month)-1, 1),  'MMM-YY'))"} >} Total_Cost)

-- This should work in a straight table as well.

Digvijay_Singh
Honored Contributor III

Hi,

I suggest use your expression in straight table without changing label, it will show the result of your set expression in the header.

I am not sure why didn't you use -1 in 2nd condition when you don't want to use current month data -

<=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Cost_Year_Month), 1),  'MMM-YY'))"} >}

Also check if date is properly formatted as I suggested above through straight table expression header

MVP
MVP

This?

{<Cost_Year_Month ={">=$(=Date(MonthStart(Max(Cost_Year_Month), -5), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(MonthStart(Max(Cost_Year_Month)) - 1,  'MMM-YY'))"}>}

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
qvraj123
Contributor II

Thank you Jonathan (Thank you All),

Actually, I got wrong instructions - user says now he wants to see the October also - i.e last 6 months including the October -

(fabs(Sum({<Cost_Year_Month ={">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Cost_Year_Month), -5), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Cost_Year_Month), 1),  'MMM-YY'))"} >} Total_Cost)), '$#,##0')

This expression is giving me the data from May to October in the line chart -  but now I have another issue I have to get the

data points in the line chart to show K, M,B instead of the full number - used something like below with a new expression and

checked values on data points but this is giving me the april data also

if(fabs(sum(Cost_Year_Month))>=1000000,

num(fabs(sum(Cost_Year_Month))/1000000,'#,##0.0 M'),

num(fabs(sum(Cost_Year_Month))/1000,'#,##0 K'))

Thank you all,

RT