Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

link excel and qvw

Hi,

Is it possible to link an excel file to a qvw model?

I need access from an excel to the source of data stored in a qvw,

I know this sounds rare, something similar could help,

David

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You could either copy the script from the existing .qvw file and add the Excel load, or do a binary load of the .qvw file and then add the Excel file after that. Just make sure you have some kind of common key to link the Excel table to your data model and you'll be fine.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johannes,

Can you send me an example,

I don't know how to do it,

Thanks a lot

Not applicable
Author

HI David,

Yes its is possible , you can link any Excel , CSV files to you existing data model. But it is mandatory that you excel should have atleast 1 filed common for the link to present data model.

YOu can do this by adding this Excel through the script level by simply going to table files and add it.

Second option if you can keep you excel's file in a folder and call this folder at script level of you final application. It will extract all the excel files from you folder.

suniljain
Master
Master

you can extract data stored in .QVW with the help of binary load only.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashwin,

When you say adding an excel, do you mean open it as a source of data?

Not applicable
Author

Hi David,

Yes. ... that excel should be on the your server machine if you want to open it. Open you Main application with current data model and in a new tab add you excel.

In Edit script > table Files , now you can select you excel. It should have one common fileld that is in the any table of your Data model.

Not applicable
Author

I don't know if my qwestion is missunderstood or I'm doing something wrong,

What I want to do is have access from the excel to a .qvw, not link more excel tables to my .qvw

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

So you want to liberate youw QlikView application? One of my interest too!
What I found on the www is the following:

You can access your data from a QVD-file in Excel. To do this you will need an plug-in for Excel from a third party (Vizubi?). Don't have experience with this particular plug-in, but if other Forum members do, I'd like to know.

Regards,

Claudia

Not applicable
Author

Can you please describe you problem with example ????? It will be easy to understand your requirement.