Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

need help connecting as400 db2

guys i need to connect with as400 db2 to fetch the data. so far my findings is one need to create an ODBC dsn so that u can use ODBC call to connect to the db2 now what i dont know is how to get the driver for ODBC of db2 so that i can create my own dsn and one more thing is there any thing specific i need to take care when creating my own dsn(data source name). if any has done it kindly help me out.

Regards,

irfan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi again.

I used the "iSeries Access ODBC Driver" v12.64.

Works like a charm!

Kind regards

Magnus Åvitsland

BI Consultant

Framsteg Business Intelligence Corp.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Muhammad.

We use three ODBC drivers at my client:

- iSeries Access ODBC Driver v12.64

- IBM DB2 ODBC Driver

- Client Access ODBC Driver v12.64

I didn't install them myself, and they're named like that.

Kind regards

Magnus Åvitsland

BI Consultant

Not applicable
Author

Easiest way is to install some native drivers. If you have a Client access license for example, install the 32 / 64 bit (depending on the type of machine/Windows you have) ODBC drivers from your Client Access installation disk. The only thing you need to do then is create an ODBC connection.

1 tip : If you need several datalibraries that look alike (example : 1 library per company), just create 1 ODBC connection and give it a generic name. Open up the connection in your script and afterwards you will be able to change the library inside the script.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

so which driver you used to create the dsn

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi again.

I used the "iSeries Access ODBC Driver" v12.64.

Works like a charm!

Kind regards

Magnus Åvitsland

BI Consultant

Not applicable
Author

Hi Guys,

I also want to connect to DB2/Iseries database from QlikView Server windows 2008 server 64 bit machine with QlikVIew 10 SR4,

kindly suggest the driver name which needs to be installed to connect DB2 database, also Is it a freeware ?

Also if possible kindly suggest the freeware, Many many thanks in advance !!!!!!

Best Regards,

Arun Gupta