Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

need help to understand (txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is '|', msq);

Hi all,

I have to work with a qv-skript and I found that expression:

store myTable into 'myTbel.csv' (txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is '|', msq);

If I understood it correct it means, that my csv-file is coded in 1252 and thats different to UTF-8, isn't it?!

But the Help of QV says:

A QVD or a CSV file can be created by a store statement in the script. The statement will create an explicitly named QVD or CSV file. The statement can only export fields from one logical table. The text values are exported to the CSV file in UTF-8 format.

Now I'm not sure what I have misunderstood.

Could anybody explain me that?!

Best regards

Philipp

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That qualifier is equivalent to (txt, delimiter is '|');

The other statements are all ignored and have no effect in the output. They are only meaningful in a LOAD statement.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The codepage is nnnn and embedded labels don't do anything if you use the store command. These format instructions are simply ignored.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

If I understand correctly, nothing changed except the delimiter?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That qualifier is equivalent to (txt, delimiter is '|');

The other statements are all ignored and have no effect in the output. They are only meaningful in a LOAD statement.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Ok, thank you so much. Now I understand!