Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

need only last 4 four weeks data

Hi Experts,

I am new to qlikview.

Here is my requirement

I nee to display last 4 weeks data from max(date) only and it should roll up week wise. Here date I am getting as time stamp.

I know how to get week wise data. But problem is to get last 4 weeks data only.

Can somebody help me on this issue.

Regards,

Nanada

3 Replies
jontydkpi
Not applicable

Re: need only last 4 four weeks data

Create a table with the week as the dimension, and the following expression:

=Sum({<datefield = {">=$(Date(Max(datefield) - 28)) <=$(=Date(Max(datefield)))"}>} metricfield)

Replace datefield and metricfield with the correct fieldnames.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
hrlinder
Not applicable

you can do it either in calculated dimension or in Expression using set Analysis

calculated Dimension:

if (week(yourdatefield)>=week(max(yourdatefield))-4 and week(max(yourdatefield), week(yourdatefield)

expression

sum({<yourdatefield={'>=$(=weekstart(week(max(yourdatefield))-4)<=$(=weekend(week(max(yourdatefield))'}>}

Be Aware that weeks before week 4 will not goback to previous year week (eg 52)

if you have a weekfield the expressions can be easier

jontydkpi
Not applicable

You can let Qlikview take care of some of that, so if a calculated dimension is preferred:

Dimension: If(datefield >= Max(datefield) - 28 And datefield <= Max(datefield), week(datefield))

Expression: Sum(metricfield)

(But I think the set analysis on the metric in my first post will be faster if you are dealing with a large data set)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein