Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qsVariable extension issue w/3.2 SR3

qsVariable extension doesn't update variable values after upgrade to 3.2 SR3.

25/4 update from the author didn't solve the issue.

Any suggestion?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikWetterberg

Hi Renato,

There is a bug in Qlik Sense 3.2 SR3 that breaks the previous qsVariable version. Try the latest version available on GitHub.

Hope this helps

Erik Wetterberg

Qlik Sense consultant

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi Renato,

There is a bug in Qlik Sense 3.2 SR3 that breaks the previous qsVariable version. Try the latest version available on GitHub.

Hope this helps

Erik Wetterberg

Qlik Sense consultant

ErikWetterberg

BTW, isn't this discussion in the wrong forum, this is Qlik Sense, not QlikView.

Erik

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for the mistake, I'm still a bit confused about names...

The latest update works, wasn't enough for me to replace the files of the extension, I needed to delete the entire folder and replace it.

Thank you.

Renato

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Hi Erik

Ill be giving it a try as I use your extension alot in my apps.

What are your thoughts on this issue and the use of extensions on the Qlik Sense platform?  Do you think there are lessons to be learned? 

My thoughts are Qlik cannot say on one hand go use and build extensions as a key feature of the platform which then causes a negative impact on the users of them.  We have to feel confident in the stability of the offering as a whole. 

Either Qlik needs to build more charts themselves (Note nothing new has been added to the basic charts set since launch) or there has to be some sort of validation against exisiting extensions to inform the community if an extension will be degraded in a release.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I've tried it on 3.2.4 and works for desktop and server.  Thanks Eric.

ErikWetterberg

Hi,

My personal thoughts on this (note: I am no longer with Qlik R&D, but a freelance consultant working a lot with the APIs) is that I am very surprised that Qlik broke a lot of the APIs in 3.2 SR3 and then did not fix it in 3.2 SR4. I don't know the deatils about what went wrong, but fixing it shouldn't be that difficult, since they worked in SR2.

With the June release you will get a few new charts, I think. I don't think that will solve the problem though, generally Qlik doesn't use the public APIs in the built-in charts, so they might still break without affecting the Qlik charts. For the use cases covered by the new charts it will of course be a solution, but that's probably a small part of what extensions are used for today.

Erik Wetterberg