Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Failed to Open Document"

Hi,

I did a lot of work on an application this week (and neglected to back-up the document). I was moving from my desk to a conference room and lost my internet connection. QlikView crashed and when I tried to reopen the application, I received the following error messages.

Message1.jpgMessage2.jpg

I have tried to reload without data; that was the only solution I could find via Google. I cannot open the app on my desktop or through Access Point.

Does anyone know how I can access this app? More to the point, has anyone seen this before. I would hate for this to happen again.

Thanks!

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

Are you sure that the path is correct? You could also try to open the app per batch-statement, per binary-load from another qvw or per vbs but the chance are rather less. A further possibility to extract some information/work could be to read the qvw as xml but to disentangle these informations could be more work as to create the app new.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

are you trying to open it via the directory it is located in?  Sometimes I get that error if i try to load from the "recently opened" options

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Do you have section access in this application ?It's Possible to be a reason for the fail.

So, in this case, try to open the application with another user.

Another option is to open the application without data. Because It's possible to has a problem with some report and all application fail, because you cannot load one of some reports.

Please write me what's will happen, because this is very interesting case and I know how much is bad to be happened you.

Regards,

Venelin

Not applicable
Author

Hi Collins, I believe, you are trying to open on "Recently Open Documents".

Please go to a folder that have qvw file and try to open the qvw file.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

Try with this  utility.

Once installed go to your folder where your .qvw is saved right click on it and go to RightQlik option --> open without data.

Let me know if that helped.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

Thanks a lot for the solution.

Regards,

Sagar Gupta

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III