I have a problem to solve with data reload from password protected excel via the Qlikview Management Console.
I create the macro which opens the file in excel and decrypt it, then there is the code that via the ODBC connects with the excel and reads the data. I took the steps as in the post here.
Everything works perfectly when I trigger it within the Qlikview designer. When I try to start the task via QMC it gives the error:
Error: SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 4294962291, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] Could not decrypt file.
I have tried to log in to the server with Qlikview user name (the technical user) - it is the same – it works fine when reload manually. I have tried to use both the User DNS and the System DNS in the ODBC connection with no positive result.
I am using Qlikview 11 SR6.
My macro is:
set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.application") set objWB = objExcel.Workbooks.Open(filepath,,,,pwd)
on error resume next set xl = getobject(,"Excel.Application") xl.activeworkbook.saved = true xl.quit