Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikhans
Creator
Creator

resolve synthetic keys

Dear

Please see attached

I want to show in 1 QV document actuals versus budget. Actuals separately works, Budget separately works, Combining Actuals and Budget creates synthetic keys and does not work properly. I have tried to resolve by qualifying. However unqualifying to much leads to the same problem.

unqualifying for example ACCT_NO, results in budget data only up to the month of uploaded actuals.

I need to see reports by (at least) Entity, by ACCT and by Date.

Who can support me?

14 Replies
qlikhans
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Matthew,

it is in my reply to Andrew at 5:44

brgrd

Hans

qlikhans
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Andrey,

I am open to any solution. And flaggin might be the quickest solution.

WOuld you be able to do that with the sample files that I posted in my reply to Andrew at 5:44?

brgds

Hans

Anonymous
Not applicable

For actual table make this change:

Date as ActualDate

For Budget table make this change:

Date as BudgetDate

Let me know how you get on. If that doesn't work I have another idea

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I do not represent the content of your data, so I'm very much afraid to steer you on the wrong path. In the attached file, I brought all your data into one file. All comments in the script code. The script itself can only be used as a sample. For example, I joined the source tables Actual and COA with the left link, but I'm not sure if this is correct. Only you from the sense of your data can correctly collect them in one table.

I would be glad if something could help you.

Regards,

Andrey

qlikhans
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Andrey,

I think this is going to work for me. The sample database is showing me promising results. I will apply your solution to my live data.

t.u.

brgrds

Hans