Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

section access management: Cannot open html file error

Hello everyone,

I am trying to use the section access management in the QMC (QlikView 11) to use dynamic data reduction. I have created an access table and when I follow the link to the table from the QlikView server (in the QMC), I am able to reach the html page without authentication.

When I use the same link from my computer, I get a windows authentication pop-up asking for user name and password, if I input my domain account user and pwd, I can get the html page.

When I try to configure the access section in my QlikView loading script, using the access section / publication authorization wizard, I get an error message saying: Cannot open html file. When creating the access section script manually using the following template:

LOAD [ACCESS],

NTNAME

FROM

[http://YOUR_SERVER_NAME:4780/QMS/AuthTable]

(html, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, table is[your_table_name]);

I get the same error during the document loading.

I think that my issue is related to the windows authentication,how can I solve it? Is it possible to allow anonymous logon only for that page?

Regards,

Arnauld

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

From the QlikView support:

There are 2 ways to address this issue:

1. Make the localdesktop user member of QlikView Administrators group
  2. Select the Section Access Table on the left hand side in the Management Console, then on the rightside the pane will update with a “Add Users” button. By pressing this button you can give your local user access to the URL.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

From the QlikView support:

There are 2 ways to address this issue:

1. Make the localdesktop user member of QlikView Administrators group
  2. Select the Section Access Table on the left hand side in the Management Console, then on the rightside the pane will update with a “Add Users” button. By pressing this button you can give your local user access to the URL.
Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

I already added my local user to QMS API but i am still getting the same error.

Can you help?

Thanks.