Not applicable

sum function results are wrong

Hi, I did a pivot table in excel:

StorePO_numSum of linecost
A123456456
B123434573
C123435747
Total126776

But when I did a straight table version of the excel pivot table in qlikview, the numbers do not tally.

I tried using the formulas 'sum(linecost)' and 'aggr(sum(linecost),PO_num,Store)' but it does not work.

Thanks.

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It's impossible to tell from your description what the cause is. Can you post a document that demonstrates the problem?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

All row-sums do not tally or just the totals?

Not applicable
Author

When I just do a table box plainly displaying the Store,PO_num and the respective linecosts, the values are correct, but when I put the dimensions Store,PO_num and the expression 'aggr(sum(linecost),PO_num)' in a straight table, the sums are accumulated and displayed for only 1 Store (See below):

StorePO_numaggr(sum(linecost),PO_num)
A1234-
B1234126776
C1234-
PrashantSangle

Hi,

You dont need to use Aggr()

just write lineCost in expression

Or you can try like

Aggr(sum(linecost),store,PO_num)

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I've tried 'Aggr(sum(linecost),store,PO_num)' but the sums are wrong:

StorePO_numSum of linecost
A123456456
B123434573
C123435747
PrashantSangle

Hi,

Can you share your apps?

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

This looks like a data model issue. Try putting sum(linecost) in a textbox and cross check with your Excel sheet.