Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

time rounding to a new date, but data does not shift with it...

Hi,

I have the following problem. I have a dataset which as a record every hour. unfortunately the recorded time shifts from the format 23:00:00 and 24:00:00 to 23:59:59 during the month of April and this every year. But 23:59:59 is already 00:00:00 of the next day. So once a year during this particular month I get 25 records for a day and all my records are shiftet 1 hour from there on...

I have now rounded my time with the following: timestamp(round(Dato, 1/24), 'DD-MMM-YYYY hh:mm') as Time_Data and it actually worked fine, BUT somehow the datainfromation is not shiftet to the next day.

I have attached a screenshot, which illustrates my problem. I have a master calendar which I use to look at my data and when I choose the 10th of April (in this case) I get 25 records, instead that it shows only the ones for the 10th...

Does anyone know what to do in such a case?

Thanks a lot, Barbara

3 Replies
manucamon
Not applicable

Re: time rounding to a new date, but data does not shift with it...

Hi Barbara,

Rounding to hour, when your timestamp is great than 30 minutes, it will be one more hour.

Try with this:

TimeStamp(Date(Floor(Dato))+Hour(Dato),'DD-MMM-YYYY hh:mm')

Regards!

Siva_Sankar
Not applicable

dyhessyca
Not applicable

Please, check the correct answer.

thank you