Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

unreadable qvd-file

Hi,

We have a process set up, which creates daily some .qvd files. The files are created with 'SQL select.....' and then stored as qvd.

The process works fine most of the time. Unfortunately once in a while one of the qvd-files (allways the same one) can not be loaded afterwards. The File -wizard show's an empty screen instead of the preview of the table and when reloading I get the error - message 'Execution of script failed. Reload old data?'

The content of the table is always the same execpt of some additional records. Therefor I cant imagine that the problem is related to the content of the file. The corrupted files also have an appropriate size, so it looks like all datas are captured. And finally the script-log doesnt show any errors.

Any help, tips and tricks would be appretiated, since the customer really needs these datas being created in time.

Thanks

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

check qvd path in ur script..hope due to path mismatch u r getting  error - message 'Execution of script failed'

regards-bika

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick answer.

The path is correct. When loading the file with the wizard, I cant choose a wrong path. The wizard also writes the correct load code for this file.

regards ile

Sokkorn
Master
Master

HI ile,

Does wizard load work or not? Be careful with hidden unicode in script. I have an experienced with this. Anyhow, try to create a new App and load data from QVD again.

Regards,

Sokkorn

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sokkorn

I actually wrote a new app. The file is somehow corrupt. The interesting thing is, that on some days it works fine on others it's not working. It looks like a random error.

regards ile