Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

user access control appears to fail

Hello,

I am trying to set up a fine grained access control system for a QlikView application, using QV 8.5.

Here is a stripped down prototype (see attachment). It has two dimensions, Product and Channel, and one measure, Turnover. Access is based on ACLs that can be assigned to individual users.

In the example

• user becker is supposed to be the app admin, with access to everything (ACL=BACKSTAGE)
  • user x is supposed to see all products for channel 1, and additionally all channels for product 1 (ACL=ACLx)
  • user z is supposed to see only the combination (product 2, channel 2) (ACL=ACLz)

Without access control, placing a selection on any one of the ACL items works exactly as expected.

When I open the application with access control enabled:

• User becker can log in and can edit the script, but cannot view any numbers
  • Users x and z cannot even log in!

To reproduce the failure, open the application and uncomment the "SECTION application" directive in the Users tab in the script (tab 2), then re-run the script.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I don't know exactly why Qlikview can't join the combination uppercase and lowercase at the value 'ACLx' of the Dim_Credentials table with the ACLs_raw table, I think the "section access" changes all the values to uppercase, for this reason, the user becker can access because its filter value is BACKSTAGE (uppercase).

I've attached your file with the modifications and it works.

I hope this will help you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, of course it had to be:

uncomment the "SECTION access" directive in the Users tab in the script (tab 2), then re-run the script.

Not applicable
Author

Has anyone an idea why my code does not work? I never got a reply.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I don't know exactly why Qlikview can't join the combination uppercase and lowercase at the value 'ACLx' of the Dim_Credentials table with the ACLs_raw table, I think the "section access" changes all the values to uppercase, for this reason, the user becker can access because its filter value is BACKSTAGE (uppercase).

I've attached your file with the modifications and it works.

I hope this will help you.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Magv, that did it!