Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

which RAM memory used by the Qlikview application for common calender generation and other table

Hi All,

which RAM memory used by the Qlikview application for common calender generation and other table..

when it hold inline table where it hold either stack or heap memory of the RAM..

and when we take the database data and qvd data then where it hold that data in RAM.

Kindly help me to understand better Qlikview

3 Replies
advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hi padte.shiv,

Good to know that you are trying to understand the internal qlikview mechanism. If i correct your question correctly then I would like to answer this.

The stack is always reserved in a LIFO order and heap is memory set aside for dynamic allocation.

Lets assume you have 1 gb of RAM then it will allocate the dynamic memory in heap.

Usually this does not happen it Qlikview.

All data resides in your server machine (RAM) for  not only calendar generation but also for any other table, inline, qvd and database. whenever you load the data it resides in your RAM in compress format either on server side or client.

We also have a concept of Virtual Memory which is an ability to expand the database beyond your physical machine RAM.

(except heap and stack i assumed my address you correctly)

Thanks

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/
Not applicable
Author

Hi Advait,

Thanks for your reply ... but i dont think it will used virtual memory..

B'coz it will all application will process in RAM and if it will flow from virtual to RAM memory

then it will require extra time to perform operation.

And Problem is still there How do we know that which memory used for different table generation and

auto table generation.

Thanks

Shivaram

advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hello padte.shiv,

I strongly believe it uses Heap Memory and just for your information we can change the settings in registry of memory heap.

Also I guess you misunderstood..Qlikview uses virtual memory also.

(I didn't meant to mixed up things with Heap, sorry I wasn't clear)

Thanks

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/