Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pandiarajan
Creator
Creator

wrong Mail id to be skip

Dear all,

i was create automail options using macro but suppose any wrong mail id comes my macro was stop. if any give suggestion even wrong mail id comes skip the maill id other mail id mail will generate

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

You should check the data-structure from the id (min/max lenght, contains @ and domain like .com) and replace special chars like ü/ä/ö or skip then this id.

- Marcus

pandiarajan
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank u for your response.i need permanent solution suppose if any options available in macro it will be better.Present now am removing wrong mailid then only active mailid enable

marcus_sommer

I meant to make this check and skip in the macro - it are simply string-functions in a extra if-loop.

- Marcus

pandiarajan
Creator
Creator
Author

Not only string suppose every organization if any employee resigned the job that persons mail id be not valid.in this case how can i check in macro

marcus_sommer

In this case you need of course these information before you executes your mailing - the easiest way is an extra table in loadscript like this:

mail:

Load * Inline [

person, mail, valid

x, mail-id, true or false

but better from a database. The macro read this table and only which valid-flag is true will excuted.

- Marcus