Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Asking for password while no section access in the script

HI all,

I'v created a QlikView application and it asks for a username & password when it's opened on the server. (I don't mean the first box where you need your Active Directory username & password)

However there is no Section Access in the script. Also no hidden scripts available.

Please advise. Are there any other hidden options?

Best regards,
Arjan

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

What version of QV are you running? There was a bug in v8.5

Not applicable
Author

Also make sure that "strict exclusion" is not turned on:

2013-12-18_15h10_19.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

What I have done in the past is move a document with Section Access (based on data within a database) from one environment to another. What I have found is that when I select to remove all data from the document (before moving it) that the section access data still seems to remain in the document.

Therefore I normally have to remove the section access from the loading process and refresh the document (via a normal refresh) so that the section access data is removed.

I guess it is a security thing that when you remove all the data that the security still remains but it causes me problems when I try to do this.

My thought were that maybe you had had section access (and no longer needed it) or that you had used a document (which had had section access) as a starting point in your document development.

Regarding the tick boxes you need to open the document and go to Settings --> Document Properties.... --> Opening (Tab) and make sure that the following are unticked:

* Initial Data Reduction Bases on Section Access

* Strict Exclusion

* Initial Selection Based on Section Access

* Prohibit Binary Load

The box that you have screen shot looks (to my eyes) like the QV document wanting security and not finding it, but at the same time if you are logging in via Access Point (and you are on QV 11) that is quite good at hiding documents you cannot access.

Finally when you open something locally (even when it has Section Access) the fact you are opening it locally seems to override the Section Access and you can open the document.

Not applicable
Author

I'm running QV SR2 version 10 on both the client and server.

Not applicable
Author

This checkbox seems to be on. I'll have a look at this. Thanks! Hopefully it works. I'll let you (and the other forum users) know if it's working.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks.. I'll have a look at it with the hints you gave above.