Qlik Community

QlikView Security & Governance

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Security and Governance.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Authorization with Windows User Groups

Dear QV community,

for authorization maintenance purposes I would like to be able to just assign Windows users to Windows User Groups and then the assign the Windows User Groups and not individual users to the respective applications.

I have additionally implemented a section access authorization, as for some countries there is a need to suppress certain sales offices.

Everything works fine, including the section access if I allocate the users ID in the QMC to the application; however, if I allocate the corresponding user group in the QMC instead, the section gets ignored.

I am sure there is a way to maintain this via user groups in the QMC whilst being able to apply section access at a user level, I just haven’t been able to figure this out.

I have attached the following screenshots to show you how I am currently handling it.

Screenshot 1: Allocation of QV Usergroups in QMC

Screenshot 2: Section access with restriction at user level

Thanks for your help,

Tom

2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Authorization with Windows User Groups

what version of QlikView Server are being used?

Also, if you instead try a very smal Section Access script with groups, does it work then?

Not applicable

Re: Authorization with Windows User Groups

The QV server version is:

11.20 SR4 (also 11.20.12129.0)

I have also tried small SA scripts but that shows the same behavior.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

Community Browser