cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Creating Users

I have a Qlik Sense stand alone server.  We are not using Active Directory.

So I have loaded a few users using a User Directory Connection with excel just for testing.  The users are loading into Qlik Sense.  However, when I open the website to access the hub and am prompted for a login and password it doesn't work.  I am assuming that these also need to be setup as users on this server?  There is no place in Qlik Sense to assign a password and just using the user name is not working.

Question?  Do I have to create these people as local users on the server as well as load them into Qlik Sense?  Or is there another way?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fredrik_Lautrup
Employee
Employee

The easiest solution is to create them as local users on the server. If you do not intend to use groups for the users there is no need to add a user directory connector as the users will be created in Qlik Sense on first access to the system.

If you want to support groups the excel file approach you have setup can be used to add attributes to the users.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Fredrik_Lautrup
Employee
Employee

The easiest solution is to create them as local users on the server. If you do not intend to use groups for the users there is no need to add a user directory connector as the users will be created in Qlik Sense on first access to the system.

If you want to support groups the excel file approach you have setup can be used to add attributes to the users.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

That is what I thought.  Thanks for confirming.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

What is the User Directory field used for when you look at a user in the QMC?

The ones that were added the first time that they tried to access the system show the name of the server in this column.  The ones that I test loaded from excel show exceluser which I believe is the ODBC name that I used when I set this up. 

Does this actually do anything or is it just there to indicate how this user was loaded?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It did not create user when the user first time access to the system.

Do you know why?

Fredrik_Lautrup
Employee
Employee

A unique user is defined as a userid in a user directory. So if you have two user names in two different user directories then they are different users to Qlik Sense.

Fredrik_Lautrup
Employee
Employee

Hard to say but if the user successfully authenticate then a user record should be created in Qlik Sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When the user first time access, he does not need to input any username and password?

After that, his record will create in User in QMC, Right?

Then just allocate the license to the user?

The flow is something like that, ?

The issue i met is that the record is not created...

Fredrik_Lautrup
Employee
Employee

The user need to authenticate to get created.