Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markhayjoergens
Contributor III
Contributor III

Data reduction when going via AP but not via client?

Hi,

I'm experiencing the following which some of you probably could explain how to come about.

I'm reloading my application with a security model, which includes some section access admin users. I am one of these admin users.

When opening the application in Qlikview I get access to all data, but when opening the application from the AP, there isn't any data at all.

It seems like there may be some rights applied, because I have "Filter AccessPoint Document List Based on Section Access" ticked, which in turn would hide the application, if I was without any rights to data in the application.

I also have the "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access" acticated, which is needed to only show end-users the data they are allowed to see.

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In the AccessPoint, there are no ADMIN visitors. Everybody is treated like a USER.

In QV Desktop however, an ADMIN has access to everything (you need to be recognized, but security is otherwise switched off), and this can cause some surprises. Most of them good.

Peter

markhayjoergens
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I know that you aren't authenticated as an admin user in general, when accessing the AP, but with the admin mentioned in the security model loaded in the application there should be the appropriate data available - correct?

How can I troubleshoot the showing/not showing of data in the AP easiest? - to conclude where the problem lies. I know the data is there, but not why it isnt shown when accessing the application through the AP.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Switch on "Strict Exclusion" and re-publish your document in the AP. What is happening now when you visit the document for which you are listed as ADMIN?

Peter

markhayjoergens
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Switching on "Strict Exclusion", reloading and saving the application makes no difference.

There is only "null" in all the selectable fields via the AP.